Where Souls Dream God is a unique glimpse into the ancient culture of India as seen by Westerners who have adopted that culture as their own.
Anyone who is fascinated by the magic and the mystery of that holy land will find this book intoxicating. If you have ever thought about going there, after reading Where Souls Dream God, you may just have to put your life on hold and leave tomorrow. Included with the book is a 65minute CD of chants by Sri Swam Nirvanananda.
Where Souls Dream God: Westerners’ Perceptions of Spiritual India includes:
- Three poems about India by Paramahansa Yogananda, one of which — "If I Visit India" — is not currently available in an SRF publication. (Used by permission of Self-Realization Fellowship).
- A tribute to India by Sri Daya Mata, president and Sanghamata of Self-Realization Fellowship/Yogoda Satsanga Society of India.
- 30 stories about spiritual India by Swami Atmarupananda (senior Vedanta Society minister), Swami Mangalananda of the Sri Anandamayi Ma Ashrams in Indore and Omkareshwar, Swamini Umamaiya Udasin, Sadvi Bhagwati of the Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh, kirtan singers Jai Uttal, Krishna Das and Vaiyasaki Das, and stories from devotees of many backgrounds and traditions.
- The author’s own perceptions and feelings about India, including many of his own personal experiences.
- Poems by Swami Shantananda Giri of Yogoda Satsanga Society and Swami Nirvanananda Saraswati, the ‘Singing Monk.’
- "In the Presence of the Saints" about the spiritual legacy of India’s saints, masters, avatars and rishis.
- Appendices: "India" by Swami Sivananda and "Swami Avdheshananda Giri: Spiritual Practicality in Action" by Rajiv Malik.
- Includes approximately 100 photos.
- The 17 page glossary is an education in itself
A percentage of the profits from the sale of this book and CD will be donated to the.
Features the full-length audio CD I Love You, India, by Sri Swami Nirvanananda. Playing Time — 65:32
- Shanti Mantras / Ganesha Sharanam
- On the Banks of the Ganges
- I Love You, India
- Holy River / Mahamantra
- Om Namah Kristaya
- Moola Mantra
- Hara Hara Bhole
- Closing Mantras
- Song of India
— Swami Atmarupananda
"India is, and always will be, a land of living saints. The rich spiritual tradition, and the esoteric knowledge of yoga and meditation that is inherent in the culture, allows evolved souls the capacity for continued spiritual growth and attainment."
— Swami Mangalananda
"To receive Her greatest blessings you must go to India with a spirit of humility and reverence. Then everything becomes magical. In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Krishna says to Arjuna, "You cannot see Me with your present eyes. Therefore I give you Divine sight by which you can behold my mystic opulence." If, through God’s grace, you are able
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with an item you ordered from us, you can return it for a full reimbursement - minus any re-stocking fees (see below), any time within 30 days of your receipt of an item. We'll also refund the shipping cost if the return is a result of our error. We cannot reimburse your shipping costs for any item that is returned at your discretion. Here are the general guidelines for returning products:
All items must be in their original, new, condition.
CD's, VHS tapes, audio books, and DVD's must by unopened, unless they are defective.
There is up to a 15% re-stocking fee for returned items - depending on the item. Many items do not have a re-stocking fee. Our distributors charge this fee, not us.
Note: Please call us toll free at 866.665.7765 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST, or email us for an RMA# BEFORE returning any items.
Items shipped directly from the manufacturer or a distributor may need to be returned directly to the manufacturer or distributor, and NOT to us. Therefore please call us before returning any items.
We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving your return. If your return is not due to our error, the refund will not include shipping costs.
Shipping within the United States
You will receive a confirmation of your order via e-mail, usually within 15 minutes. Please make sure that your email spam program is set to receive emails from "@innerpath.com". If you do not receive an order confirmation within 15 minutes, please also check your junk mail folder. Orders are usually shipped within 2-3 business days. In the United States we ship U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail or United Parcel Service. Please note that items in your order may ship separately from different locations. So allow sufficient time for all parts of your order to arrive. If you have any questions or concerns about where an order might be, please call us at 866.665.7765 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST, or email us. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Shipping outside the United States
For overseas and Canadian shipping, please check "Email Me My International Shipping Quote $0.00". We will then email you the options for shipping to your country. You then email us back to let us know which method you would prefer, and at that time we will ship your order and charge your credit card. Please note: If you select a shipping method that is not insured, after we ship it from the US we have no control over what the postal service in your country will do. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for lost packages that were not sent by insured post. If you need phone assistance please call us at 530.470.6057 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST.