Named "One of the Top 100 Spiritual Books of Last Century", this is not an ordinary book! It is a spiritual treasure, read by millions of truth-seekers around the world. Now with bonus materials.
New Bonus Materials added to this edition include:
- The last chapter Yogananda wrote covering the years 1946 - 1951 that was not available in the original edition.
- The eulogy that Yogananda wrote for Gandhi.
- A new afterword by Swami Kriyananda, one of Yogananda's closest disciples.
Paramhansa Yogananda (sometimes spelled Paramahansa Yogananda) was the first yoga master of India whose mission it was to permanently live and teach in the West. In the 1920's, as he criss-crossed the United States on what he called his "spiritual campaigns," his enthusiastic audiences filled the largest halls of America. His initial impact was truly impressive. But his lasting influence is greater still. This book, first published in 1946, helped launch, and continues to inspire, a spiritual revolution in the West.
Only rarely does a sage of Paramhansa Yogananda's stature write a firsthand account of his life experiences. Followers of many religious traditions have come to recognize Autobiography of a Yogi as a masterpiece of spiritual literature. Yet, for all its depth, it is full of gentle humor, lively stories, and practical common sense.
This is a verbatim reprinting of the original 1946 edition. Although subsequent reprintings, reflecting revisions made after the author's death in 1952, have sold over a million copies and have been translated into more than 19 languages, the few thousand of the original have long since disappeared into the hands of collectors. Now, with this reprint, the 1946 edition is again available, with all its inherent power, just as the great master of yoga first presented it.
Special features of the 1946 edition.
- The 1946 edition of the Autobiography of a Yogiis the only one that does NOT contain substantial posthumous changes to the text unlike other publisher's editions which have THOUSANDS of changes, many of which substantially alter the original meaning of the text.
- The 1946 edition of the Autobiography of a Yogiis the only available version approved for publication during the author's lifetime. There is no verifiable evidence that Yogananda ever requested the majority of posthumous changes in other publisher's editions.
- Enjoy the original unaltered version. Have the security of knowing that the edition you are reading does not contain unauthorized changes that may alter the meaning and intention of Paramhansa Yogananda. Even if you have already bought a posthumously edited version, you'll enjoy the authentic vibration of the original.
- You may have purchased the posthumous edition because you didn't know that the original, unaltered edition exists. Other publisher's editions are not clear that their versions are posthumously altered.
- Many highly respected, independent experts such as Dr. David Frawley prefer the original edition of the of the Autobiography of a Yogi . All the major testimonials and reviews for the this book, including the NYT, Newsweek, Time, etc. plus the Preface by Evans-Wentz were made for the ORIGINAL edition, not other publisher's editions.
Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with an item you ordered from us, you can return it for a full reimbursement - minus any re-stocking fees (see below), any time within 30 days of your receipt of an item. We'll also refund the shipping cost if the return is a result of our error. We cannot reimburse your shipping costs for any item that is returned at your discretion. Here are the general guidelines for returning products:
All items must be in their original, new, condition.
CD's, VHS tapes, audio books, and DVD's must by unopened, unless they are defective.
There is up to a 15% re-stocking fee for returned items - depending on the item. Many items do not have a re-stocking fee. Our distributors charge this fee, not us.
Note: Please call us toll free at 866.665.7765 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST, or email us for an RMA# BEFORE returning any items.
Items shipped directly from the manufacturer or a distributor may need to be returned directly to the manufacturer or distributor, and NOT to us. Therefore please call us before returning any items.
We will notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving your return. If your return is not due to our error, the refund will not include shipping costs.
Shipping within the United States
You will receive a confirmation of your order via e-mail, usually within 15 minutes. Please make sure that your email spam program is set to receive emails from "@innerpath.com". If you do not receive an order confirmation within 15 minutes, please also check your junk mail folder. Orders are usually shipped within 2-3 business days. In the United States we ship U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail or United Parcel Service. Please note that items in your order may ship separately from different locations. So allow sufficient time for all parts of your order to arrive. If you have any questions or concerns about where an order might be, please call us at 866.665.7765 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST, or email us. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Shipping outside the United States
For overseas and Canadian shipping, please check "Email Me My International Shipping Quote $0.00". We will then email you the options for shipping to your country. You then email us back to let us know which method you would prefer, and at that time we will ship your order and charge your credit card. Please note: If you select a shipping method that is not insured, after we ship it from the US we have no control over what the postal service in your country will do. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for lost packages that were not sent by insured post. If you need phone assistance please call us at 530.470.6057 Monday - Sunday 9 am - 6pm PST.