Signup for monthly specials
"It has been a great pleasure to shop at Inner Path. Thank you and all the team for your outstanding patience and efficiency!"
- LB, Sao Paulo, Brazil
"Your service is impressive. I will order more products from you in the future."
- TO, Los Gatos, California
"Thank you so much for the beautiful mala! It radiates bliss. Thanks much for the speedy delivery as well. Namaste."
- JW, Albuquerque, New Mexico
God is great--for your mental, physical, and spiritual health.
Based on new evidence culled from brain-scan studies, a wide-reaching survey of people's religious and spiritual experiences, and the authors' analyses of adult drawings of God, neuroscientist Andrew Newberg and therapist Mark Robert Waldman offer the following breakthrough discoveries:
- Not only do prayer and spiritual practice reduce stress, but just twelve minutes of meditation per day may slow down the aging process.
- Contemplating a loving God rather than a punitive God reduces anxiety and depression and increases feelings of security, compassion, and love. - Fundamentalism, in and of itself, can be personally beneficial, but the prejudice generated by extreme beliefs can permanently damage your brain.
- Intense prayer and meditation permanently change numerous structures and functions in the brain, altering your values and the way you perceive reality.
Both a revelatory work of modern science and a practical guide for readers to enhance their physical and emotional health, How God Changes Your Brain is a first-of-a-kind book about faith that is as credible as it is inspiring.
Dimensions: 8.4" x 5.24"
Details: Paperback, 348 Pages
How God Changes Your Brain is a highly practical, easy-to-read guide on the interface between spirituality and neuroscience, filled with useful information that can make your brain and your life better.--Daniel G. Amen, M.D.